About this activity
Why not sign up for my four week course for better sleep?
Breathing exercises, yoga routines, meditation and relaxation.
You will learn breathing exercises, yoga routines, meditation and relaxation.
November 4th, 11th, 18th,25th 6pm to 7pm
TIPS FOR IMPROVED SLEEP
- Avoid stimulants such as alcohol, caffeine, soft drinks etc 4 hours before bed time.
- Try to establish a routine whereby you go to bed at the same time and get up the same time.
- Turn off all devices an hour before bed and try not to have any in your bedroom.
- Avoid eating a large meal immediately before bed.
- Keep your bedroom calm and tidy with a comfortable mattress and pillows. Temperature should not be too hot or cold.
- Regular exercise is beneficial but avoid strenuous exercise 2 hours before bed.
- Learn some yoga asanas (postures) as this will help relax and prepare your body for sleep.
- Learn some relaxation and breathing exercises.
- Establish a regular meditation practice as this has been shown to aid in a more restful sleep.