The group will meet weekly and can accommodate a wide range of people. The group will explore what makes them anxious and how they feel about the debilitating experiences in their lives.
Absenteeism affects the group dynamic so we discourage it. We understand there might be unavoidable emergencies.
Guidelines for new group members
Zoom is the recommended platform for therapy groups by the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) and the IGA (Institute of Group Analysis. You can find their website at https://zoom.us/
When meeting online, group members need to take make special arrangements for protecting the boundary and respecting the confidentiality of the group. This includes:
- Creating a zoom account, which is free. On your Zoom profile, insert just your first name only… this is what will be displayed to other group members below your image.
- Arranging a quiet room with full privacy and no interruptions e.g. close the door to the room, no phone calls, emails, texting etc. Tell your family and others that it is a confidential meeting.
- Ideally connect from the same place for each session and use a quiet location. If that is not possible on a particular occasion, please let the group know in advance.
- Group members need to agree not to use any of the features allowing the recording of sessions, the ability to chat on the side or to contact one another between sessions.
- Ensure adequate lighting in the room you are in.
- Have a comfortable chair to sit in if possible.
- Have a drink of water and box of tissues nearby.
- Do not drink alcohol or take illicit drugs before sessions.
- Let your therapist know of any absence.