- We expect that counsellors and psychotherapists adhere to their respective professional ethical bodies for boundary issues.
- Ongoing clients require the safety of a boundaried relationship so we at TF do not condone activities which will infringe boundary keeping as set up by BACP, UKCP, BPC, BPS, HCPC and other ethical bodies.
- We cannot ensure who you might meet on this site though we make arrangements to ensure safety from trolls and fraudsters.
- All TF subscribers and users solemnly promise to use the website for creating relationships and promoting self esteem.
- If you want to promote your services, please do get in touch.
In a sense we’re all amateur psychologists – we’ve got our own first-hand experience at being human, and we’ve spent years observing how we and others behave in different situations. This intuition fuels a “folk psychology” that sometimes overlaps with findings from scientific psychology, but often does not.
Couples experiencing marital distress approach courts to make important decisions about their marital relationships. This journey from a private life to a public space like court may not be an easy one for many couples and may have dense emotional and psychological undertones. It is therefore pertinent to have a space to deal with mental health, stress, and well being related issues in the court set up.
The dominant biomedical model neglects the person-centred approach that focuses on people’s lived experience. Such an approach is crucial to demedicalise mental health in sport, to empower Black professional footballers, and to use their interpretative, authentic, first-person voices as the basis for a transcultural model to mental health.
Meanwhile, Voon says there is good evidence that excessive consumption of porn can lead to ‘habituation’: the desire for novel stimuli. This means regular viewers crave more hardcore scenes the more they watch. This is a trend that many men have reported anecdotally and sought treatment for.
Countless studies have shown that the more connected and supported we feel in our communities, the lower the levels of distress. Hence building compassionate and supportive communities would be a major target for intervention and prevention. Psychologists have a major role in helping people understand what they are caught up in and to begin to soften the chains of selfcriticism, self-blame and shame.